Geos SDK 1 of 2|
Details: Official Geos SDK for developing genuine Geos software.
The link below is for 1 of 2 files. You will need to download both. See instructions below.
Geos SDK v2.0 for Windows NT
This SDK is composed of two files found on the Breadbox FTP site:
1) sdkpcgeos.zip - Contains the Geos development tree. Unzips to 84.4MB
2) sdk.zip - Contains Geoworks Ensemble v2.01 and the SDK Documentation files. Unzips to 55.2MB
In addition to the above SDK files you will need the following software not provided:
1) Windows NT 4.0, Service Pack 3 or later
2) Borland C++ 4.5 for compiling geodes
This SDK has been tested on Windows NT with Borland C++ 4.5 on older PCs running at less than approximately 1 GHz. We have heard that some developers have made some modifications to allow it to work on Windows XP but we have not tested this configuration.
This SDK was originally designed for developing Nokia 9000 software, but retains full capability for developing applications for all Geos versions including GlobalPC, NDO and Breadbox Ensemble.
From Windows NT, install Borland C++ 4.5 per Borland's install instructions. Unzip sdkpcgeos.zip to the root of the hard drive of your choice. You will need to install Perl which can be found in the \pcgeos\bin directory. Unzip sdk.zip to the location of your choice. You can find detailed SDK setup instructions in ntsetup.txt in the sdk.zip file.
The SDK documentation comes in three formats.
1) The PDF docs are the most comprehensive, but the most dated. These files are from the days when full debugging required two PCs connected by a null modem serial cable and do not mention the single PC setup using Windeos NT.
2) The HTML docs were written with the Nokia 9000 API and libraries in mind, but still apply to developing for desktop Geos version. We have not included the Nokia 9000 emulators which are mentioned in these docs.
3) The ASCII text docs are available for those who want to view the docs from within the Swat debugger.
Download this file
Back to the download Index